Yoga as Therapy
Kundalini Yoga can be used as an effective therapy for healing addictions, breaking habits, improving memory, balancing moods hormones, alleviating stress, anxiety and depression etc...When Yogi Bhajan brought Kundalini Yoga to America in 1969, he began working with people who were smoking large amounts of marjuana. He found the yoga had amazing effects in changing state of mind and today many mental health organisations, prisons and addiction facilities use the techniques of Kundalini Yoga to help addicts or those with mental issues overcome these limitations
- Kundalini Yoga strengthens the body’s nervous and glandular system which may have been weakened (eg. from the through the use of substances).
- Meditations work on the psychological and behavioural habit patterns imprinted in the psyche often formulated at a very early age.
- In this information age, we are being overloaded. Our psyche and nervous systems are taxed and weakend. We can break through subconscious blocks by developing a mastery over the mind through meditation.
- Meditation has been to shown to improve memory and is as a means of improving concentration and discipline in general. It has been demonstrated in scientific study that meditation noticeably strengthens the cerebal cortex – the part of the brain that controls logical thought and memory recall.
- Using mantra, or breathwork helps to improve mental focus in general, and a positive attitude. It has even been suggested that the daily practice of yoga can prevent natural brain deterioration and may even help to combat diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Kundalini Yoga helps with overcoming addictions
Many people find the more yoga they practice the less they wish to drink, smoke or take drugs. The meditations change the brain chemistry and glandular system reducing the need for stimulants.
After an initial consultation I can develop a personalised programme for you to address any concern – be it mental, emotional, physical or spiritual … eg. if you want to work on lifting moods, alleviating stress or detoxing the body in order to help balance weight